Accutrend Plus System - Four Test In One Device. Tests for Cholesterol,Glucose,Triglycerides & Lactate
code: 822 619
Accutrend Plus System Device ONLY
Accutrend Plus System
The Accutrend Plus System is a flexible, hand-held point of care device for rapid and easy detection of four parameters on the spot: it offers quantitative results for glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and lactate directly from capillary blood.
Accutrend Plus – rapid and easy detection of cardiovascular risk on the spot.
- Total cholesterol, triglycerides and blood glucose: key parameters for diagnosis and monitoring of cardiovascular disease (1-4).
- Lactate: essential parameter for the assessment of physical performance, rehabilitation and critical care (5-7).
Test Strips available here:
Click here for Accutrend Plus Test Strips (Cholesterol, Glucose, Lactate, Tryglycerides)
The benefits at a glance
- Easy to use : Convenient measurement of cholesterol, triglycerides, blood glucose, and lactate from capillary blood using Roche's well-proven test strip technology. Test strips can be stored at room temperature.
- Rapid results : Cholesterol in 180 seconds, triglycerides in 174 seconds, glucose in 12 seconds, and lactate in 60 seconds.
- Built-in safety features : Automatic performance and meter self-testing. Code-strips with positive lot identification and parameter recognition.
- User-friendly data storage for reliable data handling and monitoring: up to 100 results can be stored with date, time, and additional information for each parameter.
- Precise results : High precision and accuracy across the whole measuring range for all parameters.
Accutrend Plus at the point of care
Detection of risk
A significant number of primary care patients have dyslipidemia and hyperglycemia, representing key symptoms of metabolic syndrome associated with increased cardiovascular risk (1, 8). Accutrend Plus supports you in the early recognition of CVD risks as well as in monitoring therapeutic measures – in your office or at your patient’s home.
Performance diagnostics in sport and rehabilitation
Accutrend Plus allows for rapid determination of blood lactate levels. It enables you to determine individual training intensity on the spot, to harmonize phases of strain and rest, and to minimize the danger of overload and injury
Hospital and critical care
The concentration of lactate reflects the degree of tissue hypoxia. There is a correlation between severity and prognosis of disease and lactate concentrations. Determination of lactate therefore is essential in many situations in critical care
Accutrend Plus Features & Function
Four parameters – one mobile device
The Accutrend Plus device offers quantitative results for glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and lactate directly from capillary blood. For each of these parameters Accutrend Plus uses specially designed test strips from Roche.
Accutrend Plus measures the intensity of the reaction color within the reaction layer of the test strip by reflectance photometry and calculates the parameter concentration of the sample through a lot-specific algorithm. The result is displayed in mg/dl or mmol/l (BM-Lactate only in mmol/l) and stored automatically with date, time, and additional information. The Accutrend Plus meter stores up to 100 results for each parameter.
Superior test strip technology
Accutrend Plus uses specially designed Accutrend Glucose, Accutrend Cholesterol, Accutrend Triglycerides and BM-Lactate superior quality test strips. The test strips contain
- a yellow protective mesh, impregnated with a surfactant (application field)
- a glass fiber fleece that works as a separating layer for blood cells)
- a reaction film in which the color formation takes place and)
- a bar code on the reverse side, which is read by the meter to confirm test strip identity, i.e. the lot number on the test strip is congruent with the stored code)
Built-in safety features
- With its built-in automatic performance and meter self-testing, Accutrend Plus conducts multiple safety checks to prevent against potential errors and malfunction, so you can rely on accurate results.
- Accutrend Plus lets you apply blood onto the strip inside or outside the meter. For example, when conducting multiple tests where cross contamination might be an issue, you can apply blood outside the device.
- Code strips with positive strip lot identification and parameter recognition are used to calibrate the device – an added safety feature, which ensures system performance level is maintained.
- The control solutions Accutrend Control Chol (cholesterol), Accutrend Control GLU (glucose), Accutrend Control TG (triglycerides), and BM-Control Lactate can be used for additional performance checks.
|Measuring temperature ranges
||Depend on parameter used: Cholesterol and triglycerides: 18-30 °C Glucose: 18-32 °C Lactate: 15-35 °C|
||Blood glucose: 20 - 600 mg/dl (1.1 – 33.3 mmol/l) |
Cholesterol: 150 - 300 mg/dl (3.88 – 7.76 mmol/l)
Triglycerides: 70 – 600 mg/dl (0.80 – 6.86 mmol/l)
Lactate: 0.8 – 21.7 mmol/l (whole blood), 0.7 – 26 mmol/l (plasma)
||-25 °C - +70 °C|
||10 – 85% (without condensation)|
||One drop of fresh capillary blood *|
||100 results, optional with date, time, and additional information for each parameter|
||154 x 81 x 30 mm|
||140 g without batteries|
||After 2 minutes if no buttons have been pressed|
||4 x 1.5 V alkaline manganese batteries type AAA for more than 1,000 measurements (with new batteries)|
Three easy steps, precise results!
1. Switch on the meter
Switch on the meter and insert the test strip into the test strip guide. A blinking arrow calls on you to open the cover of the measuring chamber for application of blood.
2. Application of blood
Take a drop of blood from the tip of your finger or ear. Put the drop of blood directly on the yellow application field within 15 seconds. Do not touch the application field with your finger. You may also apply blood outside the meter. In this case, please follow the manual of your Accutrend Plus system.
Close the cover of the measuring chamber and wait for the result. All further processing is done automatically by the instrument. After the reaction time the result will be shown on the display. Values outside the measuring range will be displayed as Hi (above measuring range) or Lo (below measuring range).
Reagents and Supplies for Accutrend® Plus
|Test strips |
|Accutrend Glucose (50 strips)|
|Accutrend Cholesterol (25 strips)|
|BM-Lactate (25 strips)|
|Accutrend Control GLU (2 x 4 ml)|
|Accutrend Control Chol (1 x 1.5 ml)|
|Accutrend Control TG1 (1 x 1.5 ml)|
Accutrend® Plus FAQ
1. Can I rely on the results obtained with Accutrend Plus?
You can rely on the results because of a number of control and quality features. First, test strips are of high quality. Second, studies have shown that results are comparable with established laboratory methods across the whole measuring range. Furthermore, the built-in automatic performance and meter self-testing features of Accutrend Plus support an accurate function of the meter.
2. Does testing with Accutrend Plus require special training?
Accutrend Plus is very easy to handle. For measurements, all you need to do is to switch on the meter, insert a test strip, apply a drop of blood and close the cover of the measuring chamber. The instrument is suitable for professional use as well as for self-testing. There is no special training necessary to handle the meter (The device fulfils the safety requirements according to DIN EN 61010-1 and the requirements of the EC directive for InVitro Diagnostic Devices 98/79/EG).
3. Do patients at my office benefit from Accutrend Plus?
Many primary care patients have dyslipidemia, metabolic syndrome or diabetes mellitus. Point of care testing can substantially improve recognition as well as management of patients with increased blood lipids and glucose in primary care. You are able obtain rapid results on the spot and discuss the cardiovascular risk profile and therapeutic consequences with your patient while he still is at your office. You may also take your Accutrend Plus meter at your home visits.
4. Are there other rapid diagnostic tests suitable for use at the physician’s office?
The Reflotron systems allow for determination of 17 clinical-chemical parameters such as GOT, GPT, creatinine, bilirubin, urea, alkaline phosphatase, but also for acute parameters such as amylase or creatine kinase.
5. Why should I test lactate with a mobile device during exercise?
Measurement of blood lactate enables you to monitor and optimize training intensity according to lactate values (9). By doing so, the danger of overload and injury can be reduced – not only in competitive sports but also in recreational exercises.