May be taken diluted with water or fruit juice.
Adults and Children over 12 years: 10mL, 3-4 times a day
Children 6 - 12 years: 7.5mL 3-4 times a day
Children 4 - 6 years : 5ml 3-4 times a day.
Children 2 - 4 years: 4mL3-4 times a day.
Do not exceed 4 doses in a 24 hour period. Do not administer to infants under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Dimetapp Colour Free Elixir contains:
- antihistamine to relieve a runny nose, itchy, watery eyes and sneezing
- decongestant to relieve nasal and sinus congestion.
Each 5 mL contains:
Brompheniramine Maleate 2 mg,
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5 mg.
Also contains sodium benzoate, saccharin sodium and sorbitol.
This medication may cause drowsinesss. If affected, do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery. Avoid Alcohol.
Seek medical advice if you suffer from:
- high blood pressure
- heart or thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients
- taking or have  recently taken antidepressant medication
- taking sedatives or tranquillizers
As with any medication, women who are pregnant or nursing a baby should seek the advice of a doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
If symptoms persist for more than 48 hours or are accompanied by a high fever, a doctor or pharmacist should be consulted.